- This event has passed.
Pastoral Care and Domestic Abuse
November 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$35.00
This full day training is geared for faith leaders, pastors, and those in spiritual care roles. The day will include sessions on understanding the dynamics of intimate partner violence, how to respond to those who are harmed and those who use violence in relationships, and how to offer spiritual and theological support in ways that do no further harm.The workshop is presented in partnership with Salvation Army
Registration is $35 and includes lunch. Deadline to register is November 14, 2019. Please note that there is limited capacity. If you register after we have reached our capacity you will be notified and put on a waiting list.
Click here to register. You will receive an email the week of the training with further details regarding parking and location.
- Val Hiebert – Ph.D (Cand.) Assistant Professor of Sociology
Shattering the Holy Hush: Domestic Violence and Christianity
- Sherrie Winstanley – Writer, Director of S.H.A.D.E
A Lived Experience
- Jaymie Friesen – Abuse Response and Prevention Coordinator (MCC Manitoba)
Forms and Dynamics of Intimate Partner Abuse
- Hennes Doltze -Diversions Program Manager (Salvation Army Justice Services)
Assisting Men Who Use Violence
- Jaymie Friesen – Abuse Response and Prevention Coordinator ( MCC Manitoba)
A Trauma Sensitive Response
- John Unger – Former Pastor of Fort Gary Mennonite Brethren, Jane Woelk – Chaplain, 3rd Person – TBA
Theological and Spiritual Considerations – A panel conversation