Exit this website now
Books and pamphlets
- Abuse: Response and Prevention: A Guide for Church Leaders. MCC, 2008. Available in English, German and Spanish versions.
- Bancroft, Lundy. When Dad Hurts Mom: Helping Your Children Heal the Wounds of Witnessing Abuse. New York: Berkley Books, 2004.
- Bancroft, Lundy. Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men. New York: Berkley Books, 2002.
- Close To Home pamphlets are designed to help open conversation about difficult issues. Topics include: child abuse, spouse abuse, pornography and depression.
- Cory, Jill and McAndless-Davis, Karen. When Love Hurts: A Woman’s Guide to Understanding Abuse in Relationships. New Westminster BC: WomanKind Press, 2nd edition, 2008.
- Cunninghman, Alison and Baker, Linda. Little Eyes, Little Ears: How Violence Against a Mother Shapes Children as They Grow. London, ON: Centre for Children & Families in the Justice System, 2007. Available as a free pdf document at: National Clearinghouse on Family Violence (Canada) .
- Fortune, Marie M. Keeping the Faith: Guidance for Christian Women Facing Abuse. San Francisco: HarperCollins, 1995.
- Fortune, Marie M. and Marshall, Joretta, Editors. Forgiveness and Abuse: Jewish and Christian Reflections. New York: The Haworth Press, 2002.
- Harder, Jeanette. Let the Children Come, Preparing Faith Communities to End Child Abuse and Neglect, Scottdale, PA: Herald Press, 2010.
- Herman, Judith Lewis. Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence – from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, New York, NY: Basic Books, 2nd edition, 1997.
- Home: A Safe Place for All brochures; available in Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish and Swahili versions.
- Kroeger, Catherine Clark and Nason-Clark, Nancy. No Place for Abuse: Biblical & Practical Resources to Counteract Domestic Violence. Revised edition, Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press, 2010.
- Livingston, David L. Healing Violent Men: A Model for Christian Communities, Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 2002.
- Miles, Al. Domestic Violence: What every pastor needs to know. 2nd edition, Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 2011.
- Miles, Al. Ending Violence in Teen Dating Relationships: A Resource Guide for Parents and Pastors. Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 2005.
- Nason-Clark, Nancy, Catherine Clark Kroeger, and Barbara Fisher-Townsend, Responding to Abuse in Christian Homes, A Challenge to Churches and their Leaders, Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2011.
- Smedes, Lewis. Forgive & Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don’t Deserve, HarperOne, 2nd edition, 2007.
- Soto Albrecht, Elizabeth. Family Violence, Reclaiming a Theology of Nonviolence, Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2008.
- Yarrow Morris, Susan and Jean Anton. Opening the Door: A Pastor’s Guide to Addressing Domestic Violence in Premarital Counselling. Seattle: WA: FaithTrust Institute, 2006.
DVDs and Videos:
- Domestic Violence: What Churches Can Do, DVD or VHS, 20 minutes, FaithTrust Institute, 2002.
- Hear Their Cries: Religious Responses to Child Abuse, DVD or VHS, 48 minutes, FaithTrust Institute, 1992.
- Wings Like A Dove: Healing for the Abused Christian Woman, DVD or VHS, 34 minutes, FaithTrust Institute, 1997.
- National Center on Elder Abuse, US Administration on Aging.
- National Clearinghouse on Family Violence, Canada.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Denver, CO.
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse, Washington, DC.
- Peace and Safety in the Christian Home.
- The Rave Project: Religion and Violence E-learning.
- Restored, Ending Violence Against Women, United Kingdom.
- Shelternet for Abused Women, Toronto, ON.
- Springtide Resources, Ending Violence against Women, Toronto, ON.